Apr 28, 2014

routine

So after being out of school for almost three weeks now, I can honestly say it's kinda nice. No assignments and deadlines; long nights and early mornings. Just being able to sleep in and wake up whenever I want is so nice. 

Anyway, I'm trying to get back to the routine of blogging and keeping the internet up to date with my daily shenanigans. 

Haha here's another compilation of pictures of my last two weeks:


Random OOTD- I don't exactly remember.. wait I think I wore this to church... lol I know it's a bit too attention grabbing for church but I had my coat over it so no need to fret.

details: printed cropped turtle-neck top
black pleated skirt
long grey cardigan
heart printed tights


Lunch: I made really yummy spaghetti with cream cheese tomato sauce *drools*


OOTD- I think I was going out with Daryl ? lol I don't remember

details: white tank
navy cover-up thingy [since it's not exactly a cardigan]
blue skinnies


This, I remember wearing and where [church] I was going haha


details: white stripes cropped tee
red wrap skirt
black skinny belt
black tights


Ahh I spent the day with Rachel and we went to Orfus road for some shopping and then we had a faculty school dinner with teachers and classmates.


I believe this was Eglinton West station

Here are some of my purchases [and some that was not from this shopping trip but thought I'd show anyway]


First up: this contrast cream cardigan

details: Stitches $5 [so cheapp]


and when I say contrast, I don't mean colours, I'm talking about the use of fabrics. They combine a sheer fabric with a knitted fabric to give a bit of interest.


It's actually funny because Rachel picked this up first and it came in an indigo blue, pink, lgiht grey and this cream colour. She ended up getting the blue one and actually convinced me to get the cream one.


The back panel and the sleeves are the sheer fabric


Here's an outfit idea for this cardigan, I wanted to keep it neutral with the high waisted shorts in a similar colour family and then added a floral crop top for some interest.


printed tee- floral and Union Jack 

details: Stitches $3.50


close-up


wine red crotchet detail shorts

details- Urban Planet [don't remember price, maybe $10]


I paired the two together because they have similar colours and this makes the outfit look more put together, although it is more of a casual looking outfit.


haha okay so Rachel actually talked me into getting these pants, which is funny cause she also got herself a pair.

details: Stitches $10


what really got me was the print and the length, but I do admit they are a bit too big, even though I got an XS and there is elastic in it. I'm just going to rip a couple seams out and sew the elastic a bit smaller so it fits to my waist.


I mostly got more bandeaus because of the colours haha

details: Siren's 2 for $10


the light blue one is such a pretty shade


I wanted to find a nude coloured one that would match [or close to] my skin tone, this was the closest although it's not exact and I liked the racer-back straps

from left to right: Samsung S3 wallet/phone case, Gap mustard long wallet, nude long wallet

So I bought another wallet :/ haha it is pretty huge but it carries a lot, and I mean a lot... just look at how fat it is!

details: Stitches $12.50


So the thing I liked about this wallet is that it has two sides to it.. or compartments.. whatever you wanna call it. There's this side with coin purse, card slots, bill slots etc.


And then there's the other side, also card slots and bill slots and....


a pocket or slot for your phone (Y) or a note pad haha


Here it is all filled up and ready to be used :D



Haha it actually looks so big in my tiny hand.


So these were the last pair in a size 36 [sz 6] and they were so cute I just had to buy them. They also came in brown but I tend to gravitate toward black a lot haha

details: Pacific Mall [upper level] $10


They're adorable and really comfy


Close up details


I've been telling myself and others that once school was over I was going to get a haircut. My hair is really thick and I have had split ends in my hair for too long.


Impulsively, I went and got my hair cut last Thursday.. I told them to thin it out, layer it and don't touch my bangs... lol he totally did but I mean, hey! I needed a trim


End result, quite happy with it and can't wait for it to grow out (Y)

Well that was my last two weeks summed up into photos. Lately, I've been job hunting, just catching up with friends and relaxing at home. It's been nice :)

Wow, I noticed a lot of it was my shopping haul, hope you enjoyed it anyway!

connect with me! check out any of my links on the right hand side ^^

till next time, take care~







2 comments:

  1. I love all your purchases! Especially the contrasting cream cardigan, I have a similar one but in silver :) The spaghetti that you made looks so yummy, it's making me crave for spaghetti XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D haha I have a slight problem with shopping.. but then again, who doesn't?

      Delete

I love reading comments <3
thanks for visiting, come again :]